Agriculture plays a fundamental role in fulfilling many of humanity's basic needs: food, feed, and energy. To support growers and those who take care of our environment, BASF develops innovative solutions for farming, pest control and landscape management - so that we can effectively contribute to improving people's lives and business' demands. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for sustainable agriculture at the Innovation Center of BASF Belgium Coordination Center CommV in Gent, Belgium.
The BASF team is seeking an experienced and motivated Sequencing Technology Specialist to join us. The team supports molecular breeding with genotyping, genotype data analyses and molecular genetics. The Sequencing Technology Specialist will develop, manage, and participate in projects that apply genomics and molecular breeding tools to crop improvement. The selected candidate will implement state of the art sequencing applications and data analyses and be expected to identify and maintain an evolving genotyping toolbox.
Ready to apply?
What you can expect:
- You design and oversee the development and improvement of sequence-based genotyping technology and workflows.
- You are following the latest developments in the field of high-throughput genotyping.
- As Sequencing specialist, you analyze data, apply advanced data analysis pipelines in R, Perl and/or Python.
- You provide genotyping and data analysis to support for molecular breeding projects.
- You design, implement, and oversee experimental approaches, both internally and with external collaborations.
- Interacting with breeders and trait research teams in shared efforts to develop higher yielding varieties and hybrids for farmers is one of your main responsibilities
Who you are:
- You hold a MSc in plant genomics, bioinformatics, molecular genetics or similar degree.
- You have lab experience with next generation sequencing.
- You know of bioinformatics data sources, software and packages for sequence analysis and variant detection.
- You apply your analytical skills in handling and analyzing large data sets efficiently.
- You have experience with scripting languages, such as R (and Shiny), Perl and Python.
- You have excellent communication and analytical skills.
- You are able to work autonomously with limited supervision from senior team members.
- Additionally experience in supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- A permanent contract within an attractive working environment in a professional and motivated team.
- A role with challenging assignments and responsibilities.
- An attractive base salary in relation to your diploma and competencies, an annual bonus and extra legal benefits.
- A good work-life balance where regular working from home is possible.
WHAT WE GIVE YOU
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.